- For variable speed applications up to 45 kW
- Increased starting torque
- Large permitted overhung loads of the reduction gear units
- Large number of finely spaced gear ratios of the reduction gear unit, depending on size
- Choice of manual or remote speed control
- Intuitive operation
- The foot- and flange-mounted versions can also be used to power machines without a reduction gear unit.
Speed can be adjusted mechanically, e.g. with a handwheel, or electromechanically using a servomotor. Multi-speed motors can be applied for further enlargement of the setting range of variable speed gear units.