- ATEX compliant geared motors for Gas Zone 1 & 2 and Dust Zone 21 & 22
- Nominal motor ratings up to 18.5kW
- A range of helical inline, helical bevel, parallel shaft and worm gearboxes
- Tested, supplied and complete with certificates and documentation
- Supplied with the terminal boxes that can be either ‘flameproof’ Ex d or ‘increased safety’ Ex de.
- Combinations typically cover Gas category 2G, Enclosure group IIB and up to temperature class T4, Dust category 2D, Enclosure group IIB with surface temperature T135 Deg C.
- Motors come as standard with thermistors
- Options include synthetic and food grade oil, viton seals, rain canopy, IP66 sealing, encapsulated motors, motor brakes, special voltage available on request.
- This service is available across all of NORD’s geared motor production programme including industrial gear units up to 232 kNm.
NORD ATEX Certified Gear Motor
Nord Drivesytems offer ATEX compliant gear motors for Gas Zone 1 & 2 and Dust Zone 21 & 22 with nominal motor ratings up to 18.5kW.
A comprehensive range of helical inline, helical bevel, parallel shaft and worm gearboxes with foot and B14 or B5 face mount versions. Gear motors are fully prepared and assembled to IEC frame ATEX rated motors, then tested and supplied complete with certificates and documentation.
The 94/9/EC compliant motor range is designed to be ‘flameproof’ according to EN 60079-0.
For higher power explosion protection requirements, NORD also offers a fast assembly and delivery service for ATEX certified gear motors from its German manufacturing facilities. These extended services cover EX d & de pressurised encapsulation, EX e increased safety and EX n non sparking motors.
NORD SK series decentralized frequency inverters are also available for ATEX classification for dust explosion protection – available as motor starters or comprehensively equipped frequency inverters with output ratings up to 22 kW.